Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fort90 List Of Games He's Looking Forward To The Most (And So Should You)  (Read 64577 times)
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2009, 10:15:47 PM »

Things aren't going much better with PA. Apparently they are shipping out second print (sans DLC card) copies willy nilly with the first print copies regardless of when you pre-ordered. So I may or may not get a DLC card. People who bought from NCSX should be fine for DLC cards though. I will be pissed if I don't get the 1.01 DLC card and I sure as hell will harass PA until I get some sort of refund because it was in the item description and I pre-ordered in August.
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2009, 11:33:43 PM »

I made sure that NCSX will ship me copy of the game with DLC card.

Dave, is there any way to figure out which print did you got without opening the box? If there is and PA sends you second print I'd call NCSX check if they still have first print copies. If they do - order from them and return unopened game to PA, you're in NYC, you should get your order next day if they have it in stock.

Seriously, with all the crap PA and NCSX have pulled I have to talk to people at VGNY about pre-ordering stuff from Japan thru them. I know that have a lot of imports in stock and they do pre-orders for US editions. It seems like it would be the easiest way (at least for me) to get Japanese games in NYC. VGNY usually charges few bucks premium but I'd be saving on shipping costs anyway. Plus people working there are decent and always call you when your pre-ordered copy arrived!
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2009, 12:03:30 AM »

Sorry to be so out of the loop, but what is this DLC card you guys speak of? This is totally news to me.

But hearing all this nonsense regarding Futari in regards to the normally dependable Play-Asia now makes me wish I had just asked my contact in Japan to get the game for me. Though I couldn't have expected such an ordeal for a Japanese game that was made region free, and theoretically hassle free.

BTW, if Espgaluda 2 ends up being region locked, we will definitely know that Cave just wants to fuck with its American audience, and that's really not cool.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2009, 12:05:02 AM »

First print has a different SKU (it ends in 1, the second print ends in 4 or 5 I think), but an even easier way to tell is the first print has a pink sticker on the front advertising the inclusion of the DLC card. I saved a few bucks going with PA, and it's probably too late to get a DLC card first print from NCSX, but I'll try if I don't get one. And I'll make PA refund it or something.

Joe and I stopped by VGNY. They said they would have the game in a month lol.

The DLC card is version 1.01 of the game. A mix of 1.0 and 1.5 essentially. And if ESPGaluda II is region locked, it means they didn't sell enough copies through exporters (compared to what they did with Deathsmiles). A lot of fans have j360s, but the fact that 4 people on this forum bought the game versus the 1 that would have bought it had it been region locked is a good sign.

The great thing about my j360 is that even if Cave games are all region free from now on, I still got a sweet deal on it. Smiley
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:07:20 AM by dmauro » Logged
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2009, 12:12:28 AM »

makes me wish I had just asked my contact in Japan to get the game for me.
Oh hey, what's the word on him possibly getting me a card for XBL points?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2009, 12:16:43 AM »

So the card is for a different version of the game. It's not available otherwise? Huh? Is it something you could get if you bought points in general (let me know how many points you want, gonna place an order with my dude very soon, that goes for anyone else) or is this some special pre-order/first run bonus thing?

And VGNY? It's much better than it used to be on St. Marks proper, but the prices are still fucking highway robbery.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2009, 12:56:10 AM »

I need a total of 2400 points (1200 for DS Mega Black Label, 1200 for Mushi Futari Black Label), so I guess that would be two 1,400 point cards?

edit: actually, Mushi's black label might also be region free, so I just need one 1400 point card for now. It costs ¥2,100 at retail.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:59:08 AM by dmauro » Logged
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2009, 07:12:08 AM »

well, the copy arrived at my parents' place late last night, so i'll pick it up on a break from work today.  i only found out about this whole DLC card on shmups yesterday.  i'll be disappointed if i don't get it, but i ordered the thing on Friday, so who the hell knows.

but apparently NCSX said they'd update if they ran out of first editions, according to some poster on shmups, so...who knows?  anyway, i guess we'll see.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2009, 09:28:15 AM »

Feel free to bring it over if you want to play it properly. Tongue
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2009, 09:38:46 AM »

hehe

tonight probably won't work for me, but tomorrow seems likely.  i'm sure it'll be fun to play on my TV, but yea, i'd like to play this game properly Tate'd to get a real feel of everything.  is the game two player?  the novice mode seems like it might be nice if i, say, wanted to play through the game for fun with someone who isn't a bullet hell fanatic.
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2009, 10:29:04 AM »

but apparently NCSX said they'd update if they ran out of first editions, according to some poster on shmups, so...who knows?  anyway, i guess we'll see.
isfet, you should be good, your copy shipped before mine and they assured me that mine has DLC code in it.
Also my order is out for delivery today!
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2009, 11:56:56 AM »

welp, just picked the game up during my lunch break.  as the pink sticker on the outside of the box indicated, it was indeed a first edition of the game.  the DLC card has some nice artwork, too!  that's a relief as it's nice to know i won't have to deal with the hassle of figuring out how to get the content otheriwse.

i know Matt has had some issues with NCSX re: that figurine, but my first experience with them has basically been polar opposite :\

basically, not having ordered the game until Friday and then receiving the first edition of it by Tuesday is really a pretty good deal.  the only reason i'd order from Play-Asia is to save a little money (NCSX charged me tax being that i'm a NY resident).  but the speedy delivery is something Play-Asia has never been too great at.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2009, 03:45:51 PM »

So once again, just to clarify, if I don't get the copy with the DLC card, I can still nab stuff via a Japanese point card? Since I had no idea it existed, I don't feel as motivated to demand a copy like Dave, who had prior knowledge. Otherwise... fuck.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2009, 04:51:28 PM »

pretty sure you'll be able to buy v1.01 via a Japanese points card, supposing you don't get the DLC card.  but, if your copy has already shipped, i think it might be safe to assume that you're getting it.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »

1.01 is 1.5 with the bullet barrages from bosses of 1.0. It's harder than 1.5. It will probably be available at a price, but I'm not paying for that when it's included in the cost of my pre-order. If you ordered from NCSX you should have it on the way, if you ordered from PA, who knows.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: