Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: The Fort90 List Of Games He's Looking Forward To The Most (And So Should You)  (Read 64573 times)
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2009, 03:17:58 AM »

Yeah, I got it up and running Friday. It's pretty awesome so far. It's nice to see a blend of SMW and SMB3 that takes the GOOD things from each game instead of the bad (as if there were anything bad about SMB3).
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2009, 07:42:32 AM »

Yeah, Katie and I played the hell out of it all last night. Not a single bad thing about it. You, me, Katie, and Joe all need to get together for some 4 player action!
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2009, 04:07:38 PM »

Yeah, I would especially like to play this with Joe. I think it would get competitive in a very fun way.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2009, 09:46:36 PM »

At long last, Mushihime-sama Futari finally comes out for the 360! And look, even though it doesn't matter, it has English menus!

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/11/23/mushihime-sama-futari-ver-1-5-has-english-menus/
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2009, 10:10:29 PM »

I was gonna link to that video, but I wasn't sure if anyone else would get as excited about the option menu as me. Seriously, that's a really nice option menu (independently rotate the screen and the menu, awesome). Usually Cave goes real barebones. I'm psyched for this; my PA order says "order processing" and it sounds like everyone is getting their copies early, so I should have it in two weeks about (I went with cheap airmail). Also, that menu music is nice.
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2009, 01:25:11 AM »

I ordered my copy from National Console Support (I had no bad experiences with them in the past) in Flushing, apparently it ships on November 28. The real question is: does it ship from Flushing to my place or from Japan to Flushing?
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2009, 10:57:43 AM »

From Flushing. I probably should have ordered from them to get it sooner, but I saved about five bucks going with PA.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2009, 05:14:35 PM »

I pre-ordered something from NCS not too long ago and have been less than thrilled with the experience thus far; they can't find my original order from months ago, which sucks, since what I was trying to get is already sold out across Japan. But they're working on it, so I'm not passing final judgement just yet.

Anyway, glad I ordered through Play-Asia, since this is far more important than a Persona 4 girlie statue.
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2009, 08:59:20 PM »

So I just got this email form NCS:

Thanks for your recent order for the Mushihimesama Futari Limited Edition. Please note that there is a possibility that we won't receive enough copies of the game to fill recent orders due to short-shipments from the publisher Cave.

In the event that there is a shortage of the limited edition, would you be interested in switching your order to the regular edition of Mushihimesama Futari? We will begin receiving the game tomorrow and any remaining shipments from Japan will arrive on Friday after the Thanksgiving holiday and we will send you another update on Friday. Thanks for your attention.

At the moment there is no point for me to switch for cheaper edition of the game. This package is being shipped to my work, so I would not get the game before next Monday anyway. Also I kinda want what I paid for.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2009, 02:59:41 AM »

Got my email from Play Asia stating that my copy was on the way! Though I feel like a retarded for not inputting a coupon code that I had lying around that would have saved me a cool $5. Oh well.

Anyway... Final Fantasy 13! As much as the story looks to be complete garbage, the actual gameplay parts look extremely inviting, even if I have no idea what the hell is going on...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPvnidyeNj0&
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2009, 11:58:04 AM »

anyone get Mushihime yet?

i'm having my copy shipped to my parents' house and according to NCSX it should be arriving later today.  if it arrives before i start to drive home, though, is the real question.  otherwise, should have it by tomorrow the latest.
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2009, 05:46:10 PM »

anyone get Mushihime yet?

i'm having my copy shipped to my parents' house and according to NCSX it should be arriving later today.  if it arrives before i start to drive home, though, is the real question.  otherwise, should have it by tomorrow the latest.

NCSX shipped my copy today, hopefully will be at my work tomorrow. Long (and boring) story short: I ended up with regular edition + DLC card and a refund not Limited Edition one.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2009, 07:55:46 PM »

Your wallet will thank you later. I'm actually thinking about selling my opened Limited Edition Mushihimesama PS2 with figurine right now on eBay since it might fetch a decent price with the Futari buzz going strong.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2009, 08:11:08 PM »

This honestly has nothing to do with anything, but I don't think I'll be pre-ordering with NCSX anytime soon.

First off, I pre-ordered a Persona 4 statue with them months ago, which has finally come out and is already sold out across the board at other places. Hadn't heard a thing from the NCSX blog, so I decided to shoot them an email, but days passed and I never got a response. I guess I should mention by biggest beef: they charged me almost immediately many moons ago, instead of waiting till the item was available, like virtually everyone else. So for months now they've had my $70, which I could have used elsewhere as I grew impatient.

Finally decided to give them a call and the woman who picked up the woman was rather annoyed, which is always a great way to start off any kind of problem solving. They weren't even aware that they were carrying the item, but then said that the shipment was probably running late and that I would get an update in the next week. I'd cancel out with them if not for the fact that it's again sold out everywhere else. So yeah...
drozdal

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2009, 09:42:49 PM »

I present you my Mushihimesama NCSX woes:

I pre-ordered LE edition of the game on 7th of November, a bit late but still there was more then two weeks to release date (and Play Asia was already out of LE sets). I got e-mail confirmation. On last Wednesday I got another email saying that the game might be a bit short-shipped on the distributor part, but they will keep us informed. That's ok - I understand that distributors might be yanking their chain. On Friday I checked their site and they got the full shipment in, alas they are short of 8 pre-ordered copies. Still everything was fine because I did not got any email saying that I'm part of that unlucky group (I'm pretty sure that there were at least 8 people ordering the game after me, especially when P-A ran out of LE edition around that time).

So on Monday morning I've sent them an email asking where my order is and why it haven't shipped yet, no response whatsoever.

Today I followed up with another, longer email asking where the game I ordered on 7th (and like you Matt was charged for) was, since they got all the copies on Friday. Half an hour later I got a email claiming that I'm a part of the group that ordered game last and they do not have a copy reserved for me but also assuring me that they sent me 2 emails about it (they blamed Gmail for marking their mail as spam Cheesy). Interesting - I got 2 earlier mails without any hiccups, but now those 2 mails hit my spam filter? I gave them benefit of doubt, went back and checked all the spam I got in last 10 days, surprise - could not find anything from them.

At this point I knew they were shitting me, but calling them out on it would only get things worse (they still had my money) and their prices are generally lower than P-A. Person I was in contact with asked me if I want to wait for the backordered copies with no guarantee. At that point I asked them to change LE to standard one, supposedly only certain amount of standard edition copies comes with DLC code and I bet if I have waited I'd end up without LE and with the game that had no free DLC card in.

To their credit I my money got refunded instantly and game shipped few hours later.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: