Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Anything Good On TV?  (Read 94982 times)
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2009, 11:35:34 PM »

It's been posted.

Very strong opener.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 12:12:55 PM »

Since I don't care much for Family Guy, maybe the fans around here can tell me how accurate this is...

isfet

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 12:18:40 PM »

haha.  well, that's kind of accurate, yea.

but i mean, i think this is true with any show.  The Simpsons as they started in Season 1 (terrible) are not the same Simpsons a few seasons later.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 03:37:19 PM »

it's somewhat accurate. lois is more of the voice of reason than a space occupier, however.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 05:29:43 PM »

Sorry, but I'm just a sucker for Paul Lynde...

http://classicshowbiz.blogspot.com/2009/10/paul-lynde-halloween-special-with.html
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 06:17:14 PM »

it's somewhat accurate. lois is more of the voice of reason than a space occupier, however.

Also periodically completely insane.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22:38 PM »

she's the voice of reason only comparatively, of course.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2009, 12:23:34 PM »

finally watched episode 1, season 4 of The Venture Bros today.  oh man, so good.  though part of me wants to wait for the DVD to come out, i kind of can't resist watching now.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2009, 10:46:46 AM »

screw waiting for the dvd, yo. last night was the hotness.

sidenote: the south park about japanese whaling is goddamn great.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2009, 11:31:09 PM »

Not surprised that Watson seemed to enjoy it

http://www.ecorazzi.com/2009/10/30/south-park-whale-whores-captain-paul-watson-responds/
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2009, 09:08:27 PM »

Just finished watching the new V on ABC. Which I was somewhat excited for, since I really enjoyed the original. And it was pretty bad, but on a level that I totally didn't expect.

I actually tuned in late, around the 40 minute mark. It honestly felt like I was seven weeks into things. Tonight was the premier episode, wasn't it? I can't believe they shot their load so early. Plenty of other things looked dumb took, like all the bluescreening and idiotic camera angles, but that pales in comparison to burning through so much potential material in no time flat. Are television writers that clueless these days?
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2009, 02:48:31 AM »

I actually tuned in late, around the 40 minute mark. It honestly felt like I was seven weeks into things. Tonight was the premier episode, wasn't it? I can't believe they shot their load so early. Plenty of other things looked dumb took, like all the bluescreening and idiotic camera angles, but that pales in comparison to burning through so much potential material in no time flat. Are television writers that clueless these days?

Burning through what material, that the aliens are actually lizards?

That isn't material, that's premise.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2009, 12:32:00 AM »

I was mostly referring to humans slowly realizing that something is not kosher and them secretly mobilizing. Stuff like that. At the end of the episode its established that some of the visitors are friendly and want to help. That could have been added a bit later on, after giving the impression that they're all jerks, for dramatic impact and the such.

To be honest, things went by a fairly brisk pace in the original, but because the first two episodes were made for two movies, that can be forgiven. Regardless, the pacing was still superior.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2009, 03:39:17 PM »

Given that most of the folks watching will be familiar with the original you can't play coy with the lizard thing.  Just jump right into it and set up the resistance v. Visitors angle.  This time around you have the added feature of there having been an advanced infiltration by the Visitors aimed at making their take over easier.

Mind you I liked the original V when it was released but upon re-watching the largely Soap Opera level acting and writing leaves a lot to be desired. If it weren't for a few standout performances by some of the cast it would have been unbearable.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2009, 01:58:22 PM »

Tried watching it last night. I already give up. When they finally start showing semi-nude girls in tubes covered in goo, then call me. Or better yet, screencap please.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: