Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome Back to Astro City/The Punching And Kicking Thread  (Read 45434 times)
dmauro

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2009, 08:01:48 PM »

I put up two new videos, the most recent one is a bit of a TvC match between Joe and Matt. I have a couple of decent photos I'll post soon as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/wizardpeople
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 07:37:49 PM by FortNinety » Logged
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 12:09:24 PM »

I got some photos of Street Fighter School up at dmauro.com/photos.

Oh, and I downloaded Melty Blood: AC ver. B for the PC. It's a slightly newer version than the one for the PS2 and it will run in 480p instead of 480i (couldn't get it to run in 240p though). I also got a translation patch for it in case anyone wants to play story mode. Tongue
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 01:08:02 PM by dmauro » Logged
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:11:40 PM »

Quote from: dmauro

Yeah... I guess it is a bit on the weird side.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:00 AM »

We need Katie's report on how her Street Fighting at Chinatown Fair went.
pilot

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 08:06:14 AM »

Reporting!

So I was at Chinatown Fair yesterday with a friend as planned. I've never actually played there before, just watched, and so this was totally fun. We actually never got on the SF4 machines because I think the same four people played the entire time we were there. But we did get to play SF2 and I did okay! We also played a little Blazblue and he ended up beating the arcade version which was awesome. I think I'm starting to really like that game now that I've spent more time playing it. Then I played Melty Blood by myself for awhile but I only lasted two rounds. I played Raiden Fighters later too but I didn't really like it. And then I had to play Time Crisis 4, which was AWESOME

Some notes:
-No one played KoF the entire time we were there
-There was a big group of people sitting around watching people play Tekken 6, which looked nice, but isn't it sort of old?
-Someone smelled like pickles

All in all it was totally fun. SFS Class of 09!
pilot

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 08:06:35 AM »

We need Katie's report on how her Street Fighting at Chinatown Fair went.

WOW I was just posting when you posted that!
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 11:26:25 AM »

oh yea, they have Melty Blood there; they got rid of Arcana Heart 2.  i kept switching it in my mind.

anyway, glad to hear the hardcore training paid off.  keep playing Blazblue.

also, Tekken 6 is the newest entry in the series and comes out sometime in the fall for consoles.  the weirdest thing about watching people play Tekken 6, i think, is how they bring their PS2 controllers to play it and then hold it reallllly strangely.  so that they can hit the buttons with their fingers.  it's like, why not use the joystick then?
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 11:43:02 AM »

We can play BlazBlue online because I'm not very good at it either.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2009, 02:57:52 PM »

Oh man. I was just taking a little break with Melty Blood ver. B and played through the Arcade mode with Wolf Cock. This version seems to have a bunch of much nicer levels added to it, but most importantly, when you beat arcade mode with Wolf Cock, it unlock Neko Wolf Cock!
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2009, 01:51:42 AM »

Damn, Joe and Karl and I just played fighting games for seven hours straight again. Joe abused us at Melty Blood until the game crashed for unknown reasons. We realized we need to make an ASCII art neko fighting game.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2009, 01:53:17 AM »

Why wasn't I invited? Sad
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2009, 10:11:30 AM »

He was just coming over and we just ended up playing for a ridiculous amount of time.

What's that Double Dragon fighting game I need to download?
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2009, 12:38:45 PM »

Rage of the Dragons!!
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2009, 11:22:11 AM »

I was just trying to give BlazBlue another shot and it only increased my frustration with this awful game. If someone starts a combo, you don't get out of it until your life is half gone. I'm pressing the button to recover, but it doesn't work all the time, sometimes they are able to just keep attacking and it's so goddamn obnoxious. Also, I can't figure out what the deal is with blocking not working sometimes. You're sure you've blocked something, and it gets through. I think some medium attacks must just be high and it doesn't show it. The girl with the guns for instance. She shot me with a distortion attack. That should be a mid right? Well a low block didn't catch it, so I don't know what the hell is going on with that.

I just need to sell this game so I don't try putting it in the machine again. It's not so bad playing against someone else who doesn't play it a lot, but even then, I've got plenty of other fighting games, that though they may not look as nice, they don't suck, and they don't have Cloud in them.

</rant>
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2009, 07:39:53 PM »

Sorry to hijack the thread, but since it seems to early in the game to have yet a third fighting game thread, I'm just gonna hijack this one and make it somewhat general, not just BlazBlue again...

First off, anyone download MvC2 yet? I got the demo and think it's pretty gay that you can't even play single player with just two hand-picked characters for just a test run.

Also, Joe, have you had any of these crazy issues with KOF XII on your end? Had no idea it was so buggy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y45AlvLFHYQ
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 09:47:48 PM by FortNinety » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: