Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: the fort90forum ver. 3.0?  (Read 9156 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« on: December 26, 2010, 01:44:23 AM »

So as noted in a recent thread over at the Secret Chamber, though it's a fact that everyone knows already: this place here is dead.

I can think of a few plausible reasons, like how conventional message boards are kinda seen that, done that. I think it would be nice to sorta mix things ups. Get more people involved, and maybe tapping into what's hot (or simply easier) in terms of online information sharing.

The deal is, at the very basic level, this place has become my joint to dump wacky pics and YouTube. Most of which I get from a variety of sources, such as assorted Tumblrs. And I began thinking...

What if this place was turned into a Tumblr that everyone had access to? Obviously, this will force a number of changes:

- I assume the focus will be on, again, wacky images and videos. Though I'm hoping that (or at least wondering if) general discussion will still be possible, or maybe enhanced by the format change?

- On my end, a very small number of folks will be eligible to participate. Thankfully, that's pretty much every active poster here. Anyone new will have to be vetted somehow, mostly due to how I'm not sure if there's any master control moderation option available.

- I'm guessing that having a protected section would be done away with. But honestly, it was mostly just a place for me to post soul cancer, so maybe no big loss?

I'm excited about the idea, and I know Isfet is at least on board thus far, but wanted to ask the rest of you. Cuz it sounds like it could be a huge hassel as well. Thoughts?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2010, 01:45:55 AM by FortNinety » Logged
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 01:59:54 AM »

so if we all had tumblr access, how would conversations work exactly? i see people reblog stuff all the time and there will be a thread of sorts, but on the same blog? i dont know how that would work.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2010, 01:04:26 PM »

Yeah, I'm still trying to figure that out. I guess I see some posts in which everyone's responding to each other, and figured that could be a good facsimile to what happens here, but perhaps not.

Thus far, I know Dave is not up for it, yet Joe and Mike are. And I guess both yourself and Mia. Still doing research on the matter...
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2011, 04:49:15 PM »

Well, I guess it's started...

http://fortninety.tumblr.com/

... Still haven't figured out if this place should be moved towards that end. Though at the very least, it's become somewhat pointless to post stuff around here when the chances of them being seen is minimal.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: