Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: hey, restaurants! parte deux  (Read 7352 times)
pilot

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2009, 09:39:42 AM »

I'm going to start this thread off with a NON-recommendation:

http://www.macondonyc.com/

The facade is a little cheesy but it's really cute inside, however everything is ridiculously overpriced and the portions are miniscule. The sangria was great but a full carafe was hardly enough to split between three people. We left $60 poorer and not full and not buzzed. Thumbs down.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2009, 11:41:44 AM »

that is a shame.  especially since sangria is one of my favorite things in the world.

so last night i finally checked out this Mexican restaurant called "Fajitas Sunrise" that's right up the block from me.  

when it comes to Spanish food, in general, i more than a plethora of choices for some authentic stuff.  but once in a while i have a craving to go to an "American" Mexican restaurant.  i don't know how to describe them other than anything but that, but basically, if the place is serving margaritas and gives you chips and salsa at the table and a mariachi band plays on Fridays, it probably fits the bill.

it turned out to be a pretty decent experience overall, but i know there are better.  but as far as convenient and up the road, well, it works.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 01:59:31 AM »

This image kinda sums up the place fairly well...

Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:03:25 PM »

A friend of mine made that Wo Hop movie...
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2010, 05:35:44 PM »

Just had to exume this thread to state that the vegan chicken place that Dave and Joe and I went to this past Saturday night was actually really good! What was the name again?
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 02:11:37 AM »

Foodswings
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 12:20:59 PM »

yup and their menu is a bit more extensive before midnight.  definitely some of the best unhealthy vegan food to be had, for sure.

the only place that rivals their "chicken" drumsticks would be this vegan Carribean place in Crown Heights.  but the style is more BBQ than Buffalo.  also, i guess you'd have to like Carribean food (which you should [Golden Crust barely counts]).
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: