Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: It's 2010 And People Still Don't Know How To Handle Themselves On The Internet  (Read 4919 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« on: July 15, 2010, 05:27:36 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/07/15/fired-over-twitter-tweets_n_645884.html

... Though I must admit, going in, I expected to have zero sympathy for everyone, but #4's was pretty unwarranted. But everything else, especially the one after it, holy shit.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 02:20:57 PM »

#4 isn't any more unwarranted than the rest. Sometimes your job sucks, you're not supposed to make those things that suck public.

#7 I would have some sympathy for, but if her employers found out it was her, then it couldn't have been terribly confidential.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 06:07:29 PM »

I guess what makes #4 so lame is that it's a grade D, basic cable actress that blew the whistle, not someone I actually have heard of (plus the fact that she totally ran off without paying the check in the first place; if it was just a no tip, well, that's different).

And you pretty much hit it on the nail with #7. Most bosses, even those who are web savy, don't know shit about their employee's exploits unless they're stupid sloppy about it.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2010, 10:12:02 PM »

online privacy is a lie. if folks could get that through their heads, things'd be ok.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: