Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: And Now It's Time For Matt To Start Selling Shit  (Read 10623 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« on: June 17, 2010, 02:12:24 PM »

Time for another garage sale thread, this time featuring my unwanted shit. But I swear, much of it is pretty sweet!

- Top loading NES in phenomenal shape. Works perfectly, plus has the much sought after dog-bone controller. Even has a few games included, actual good ones, like Gradius, Mega Man 3, Ducktales, Faxanadu, and more.

- Modded PSX and PS2. Other than some surface scratches, both work perfectly. All the cables, plus controllers, even a memory card included.

- One pair of Sony studio headphones that are iPhone/iPod compatible. Meaning there's a mic for making phone calls, plus a remote so you can pause and fast forward songs without having to pull out the actual device. Practically brand new. Why I am I selling it? It's a long story, but there's nothing wrong with it and am pissed that I have to part with it (along with most of my studio headphones).

- Two Sky Girls statues. Won't bother with the details, since most around here are not into such things, but some might have seen pics on my blog from a while back. Picked them up at the New York Anime Fest 2 years ago. I basically need the money and the room. Each is in stellar shape, comes with the boxes. I'd be more than happy to pass along additional details, plus pics, via request.

... Just make me an offer on anything, I'm fairly negotiable.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:38:08 PM »

Also forgot to mention that I have a brand new, still sealed Platinum Wavebird (for Gamecube) controller that's also available!
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 11:04:46 PM »

So I decided to put the NES top loader on eBay since I've seen it fetch such high prices there. I loathe that place, but sometimes you gotta go where the money is...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270595372813#ht_500wt_1154

... Watch the auction get yanked for some retarded reason, like the how auction title is somehow misleading. Which always seems to happen with me. Meanwhile, I started a thread over at the Neo Geo forums, since it's filled with hardcore modded hardware types...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=213501

... Be sure to check it out (has a good deal of detailed info) before the thread gets yanked. I always managed to rub hardcore forumites off the wrong way, no matter how innocuous I try to be.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:38:51 PM »

I recommend changing the title to include the word "loading" because I noticed that there are more auctions up that use loading instead of loader.
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 01:24:18 AM »

how much were the headphones when you bought them?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2010, 09:26:54 AM »

$40.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2010, 11:13:20 AM »

I would vouch for you on the NG forums, but my user account mysteriously disappeared some time ago. :/
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2010, 11:24:09 AM »

Oh, so you caught me wondering how insane it is to send someone something before they pay for it? Can't wait for the inevitable shitstorm and banning. God I love hardcore gamers.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:42:35 AM »

Ugghhh.... been trying to sell the systems on Craigslist and it's been absolute hell. One dude wanted me to ship it out to his son in Georgia and was willing to pay me $50 since it needs to be there yesterday, which already seemed weird, but then I got a weird email from PayPal stating that I'll get funds once I input the tracking number from FedEx. That and how the email address was from Rocketmail and not PayPal immediately raised my suspicions, but I can totally see someone whose not completely internet savvy falling for it.

Meanwhile, despite my best pleas, it would seem that no one at Neo Geo wants to do business with me unless I send them shit first. God I fucking hate selling video game stuff/anything in general (that I didn't create myself).
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2010, 11:19:18 AM »

So one dude from Craigslist who seemed fairly serious about buying the PS2 asked if I could ship it to his son in Georgia and was willing to give me a decent chunk of change for shipping... too decent, plus an extra ten bucks on-top of my asking price of $100. When it was revealed that it needed to be sent out next day air, cuz that's when the son's birthday was, I went okay...

Though the real kicker was the fairly convincing email from PayPal that said the funds were locked until I submitted the shipment tracking number. I can easily seem someone less than internet savy falling for it, and even I have to admit, I called PayPal to double check if there was such a feature to begin with. Turns out there is, but only for eBay purchases.

But yeah, fucking Craigslist man.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2010, 04:42:54 PM »

Update: the headphones have been sold! That's one thing at least.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2010, 12:42:04 PM »

Update: the PS2 has been sold as well! Went out to Queens to deliver it in person to a woman who needed something to play Singstar Bollywood (it's a surprise gift for her husband). There was some concern that the PAL game would be playable at all on her television, hence why it needed to be tested on her end. But she gave me an extra $50 for my effort, and all the trouble shooting that led up to it. So yeah... HD sets will play PAL content, but stuff gets cut off at the bottom. Which she did not mind.

Best part is how across the street was a fave Chinatown bakery of mine, though they totally messed up and gave me chicken buns instead of pork buns, but it was still all good.
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2010, 12:47:59 PM »

Singstar Bollywood

holy fuck thats an actual thing!?!?
dongle

!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2010, 08:33:53 PM »

Singstar Bollywood

holy fuck thats an actual thing!?!?

dude that had better be on tha torrentz. searching now!
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2010, 11:57:44 PM »

There is, and the download speed is as slow as shit. I tried nabbing a copy to see if it'll work at home... some PAL games have a 60mhz mode, for those in the UK that game with a NTSC monitor. But it didn't download in time, hence the trek,
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: