Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: A Trip to Furry Mecca  (Read 8344 times)
EarlMadness

No Yiffing!

View Profile Email
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:31:14 PM »

That's right, I'm heading into the heart of drama by attending AnthroCon this June, arugably the most famous of furry conventions created.

Anyone want me to pick them up anything?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »

Do they sell regular animu nonsense as well? I'm interested in furry related goods as well, though not for purchase, just to know more about.

... Pretty much the only furry-esque items I would be interested in would be Strike Witches, since they sprout animal ears and tails when donning WW2 machinery to fly, but I'm a bit on the poor side, plus much of the goods do not excite me.

Just take plenty of pics!
EarlMadness

No Yiffing!

View Profile Email
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 11:52:34 AM »

It's purely furry-based, so they'd never ban some guy from having an anime table or whatnot.  I'll definetly check around though.  I might end up grabbing some fairly weird for you anyway, just because the reaction would be priceless if I can find what I'm thinking about:).
  Personally I can't wait to pick up the first issue of NordGuard by one of favorite artists Blotch and then there's the new issue(s) of Heat (which is exactly what it sounds like, but usually very well-done) I wanna grab. 

And don't worry, hoping to have a new flash unit by then so I should have some mucho bueno pics.
EarlMadness

No Yiffing!

View Profile Email
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2010, 01:49:58 AM »

I hath returned!  And I come yielding pictures!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/studiomadness/sets/72157624261056651/

Nordguard apparently doesn't come out till later this year.  Bummer, but I did get to meet half of Blotch, 1 of 2 artists that colloborate.  Was able to get Kyell Gold's Out of Position; a furry-themed romance novel that's been getting praise I've wanted to read.  Got Heat #7 and some steampunkish book I got sold on by the vendor.

I'll try and post a short review of them all with abit of pictures later.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2010, 12:06:33 PM »

The only way that pic above, of the furry with the vuvuzela, could be any more perfect, is if he was wearing a diaper.
EarlMadness

No Yiffing!

View Profile Email
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 10:18:29 PM »

We had a fursuit I know of that wore one on the outside of his fursuit at some European con.  Haven't seen one here yet though, too bad.

But that particular fursuit is the mascot for FA, FurAffinity.  The current premier site for furry artists.

But meant alot of cool folks and got an interview with one of fav music dudes, Matt Ebel
EarlMadness

No Yiffing!

View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2010, 10:20:48 PM »

and P.S.  lol at obvious copyright infringement.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: