Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: oh the places we'll go  (Read 5027 times)
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« on: May 05, 2010, 03:05:42 PM »

http://www.miaminewtimes.com/2010-05-06/news/christian-right-leader-george-rekers-takes-vacation-with-rent-boy/1

it's like me getting caught at otakan dressed up like a nine year old girl (who is also a battleship)
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 04:37:11 PM »

I just like the idea of using rentboy as a way to hire luggage porters.

I wonder if he uses adam4adam to find people to do his landscaping?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 05:40:47 PM »

Would he have gotten in any less trouble, more trouble, or just about the same amount if he had hired Buck Angel?
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 10:09:21 PM »

I wonder if he uses adam4adam to find people to do his landscaping?

yes, but he calls it manscaping.

Would he have gotten in any less trouble, more trouble, or just about the same amount if he had hired Buck Angel?

i don't know if that would have been ultra-scandalous or just too bizarre for his constituency to understand.

but seriously people of earth, don't crusade against your own hobbies. crusade against the hobbies of others.
loopback

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 11:08:15 PM »

The problem with that idea Dhex is that you call it a hobby, and I imagine he considers it a curse.

I had a conversation at lunch today where I tried to explain WHY these people do this. Their entire life/social view is predicated on gay being evil and something that will drive all of your friends, family & employers away from you, leaving you a wreck with nothing. So they figure out, after years of trying, that they're gay.

Imagine you're a pedophile (note: no, not the same as being gay, but for the cross-social-group purpose, I think it works).  Imagine you know that if you 'came out' about it, you'd lose your job, your family, your friends, everything. And you were TERRIFIED someone would catch you out being interested in children.  You'd repress it madly and wind up being one of the loudest voices decrying pedophilia as a horror.  And in the whole Return of the Repressed(tm) you'd wind up having compulsions that you would act on, until you eventually got caught.

On the one hand I feel terrible that they were brought up in that environment and couldn't see the door to the cage and got out.

on the other, they do enough damage that I don't really care at all, and enjoy it as they weaken the foundation of the things I consider socially abhorrent.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

calling it a hobby is certainly flippant shorthand on my part.

the explanation that he hired this guy as a baggage handler is...unique.

i would tend to agree with your analysis, though. it is tragic that "look over here instead!" became his life script, but as you point out, he did a horrendous amount of damage to people who never harmed him.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: