Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: zip drives!  (Read 3685 times)
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 21, 2010, 09:56:39 AM »

i got some fucking zip drives - yes zip drives, motherfuckers - and zip disks that have been with me since olden days (i.e. i had hair). since i don't have my old sampler anymore, i have no need for these

all are zip 100. know anyone who needs these? i'm willing to both wheel and deal for real.

two external scsi drives (one with anti-theft lock mount on it, got it from a college auction)
one internal ide/atapi zip drive
one external usb zip drive (usb-powered!)
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »

SCSI lol. I have a zip disk around here somewhere that anyone can have if they really want these.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2010, 02:34:57 PM »

God, I remember when my collection of Zip related hardware was worth a good couple hundred dollars... they were also the storage medium of choice for cartoonists since sending large files online was cost prohibitive, and CD burning at that point (late 99/early 00) was not as common on Macs as they were on PCs.

But when the writing was on the wall, I sold everything for like $35 in what's still in my mind the creepiest Craigslist transaction ever.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: