Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: pure entertainment  (Read 5025 times)
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:49:41 PM »

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7094310.ece
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2010, 07:22:46 AM »

yea, that's pretty interesting/funny.  do you think this has any kind of chance of actually "working," or is this just a pipe dream that's reflective of Dawkins' increasingly erratic behavior/comments in the past few years?
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2010, 09:54:21 AM »

actually working? no. but dawkins understands publicity pretty well.

whether's he's becoming more unhinged or just more didactic, i dunno. i tend to the latter interpretation.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2010, 10:11:15 AM »

well, i was probably be a little strong in my wording, but i think it might be more of a case of him being older and therefore just no longer giving a shit about whether or not he's going to offend anyone.

but regardless, i think it would be hilarious if the pope were arrested, but it seems pretty unlikely. 

i'm also kind of surprised i don't hear about things like this more often.  i'd imagine people could make a case for a lot of leaders, if given the chance.  maybe people do try, but they're not Richard Dawkins so no one pays attention.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2010, 10:26:42 AM »

he's claiming that the journo blew it out of proportion (not too hard to believe).

http://richarddawkins.net/articleComments,5415,Richard-Dawkins-I-will-arrest-Pope-Benedict-XVI,UPDATE-4-11-Marc-Horne----TimesOnline,page4#478714
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: