Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  
Author Topic: Once Again, Random Game Related Videos  (Read 94479 times)
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 11:11:15 AM »

I definitely don't remember any anuses.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 07:33:48 AM »

speaking of, i just watched Naked Lunch the other day

maybe video games kill people's sense of imagination

like, they NEED a nude hack asap

as if with Cammy it was so difficult to imagine what she would probably look like without any clothes on.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 10:59:45 PM »

I love how it took Taito 30 years to make Space Invaders actually interesting. First you have the awesome Extreme editions (DS or bust) and now this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm8e5_Md3Ug
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2009, 11:51:14 PM »

Yet another trailer for some fan produced sequel that will never actually be finished, and if it actually comes close, won't matter anyway due to a cease and desist from the original IP's lawyers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AFnSvromImU

... Looks neat, I guess, but once again, I only really care about the original on the SNES.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »

Looks cool, but I always hated multiplayer StarFox. This will get shut down so fast.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2009, 10:43:46 AM »

oh man, i played the crap out of Startfox 64's multiplayer mode.  dunno what YOU talkin' bout, David.

this looks pretty nice, but, once again, i feel like Matt is right; why not make your own IP?  if the game is good, it really doesn't matter if it's in the Starfox universe or not, right?  Why not make a game that is obviously INSPIRED by Starfox, but manages to be better than the more recent entries?  oh, right, because fans are morons.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2009, 04:38:36 PM »

As much as fan drawing their own renditions of favorite, famous things, when it comes to video games, my attitude is completely different.

When I first saw that image of the Starfox super cruiser pass by the camera, and the official logo come into view, all I could do is say out loud "you're kidding, right?"
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2009, 12:22:27 PM »

oh man, i played the crap out of Startfox 64's multiplayer mode.  dunno what YOU talkin' bout, David.
I probably played it more than you. And I hated just about every minute of it. My brother loved it though, so he always wanted to play.
Llydis

View Profile Email
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2009, 02:40:46 PM »

I'm still waiting for a sequel to Pilotwings 64. That doesn't mean I'm going to make Pilotwings HD.

I think the biggest  mistake I see fans do whenever they make these games is show the damn thing off before it's even ready for release. Doing things like that usually catches the litigation arms of the corporations' eyes a little easily than making it in silence and then silently releasing it into the public sphere.

Then what's worse is when you get people complaining about said corporations strong arming the fan developers into a cease and desist order in order to protect their IP. There is some weird, warped, sense of friendship and familiarity for these people with a specific brand. Which is what most brands want since it keeps people coming back to them, but creates a false sense of comfort in a fan space.

Personally, I think if these people have the technical know how to make a game they should make their own IP even if the game itself is more of a homage to the game they are a fan of. See if they can do anything art and story-wise better than what they love.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2009, 04:47:34 PM »

Quote from: Llydis
I think the biggest  mistake I see fans do whenever they make these games is show the damn thing off before it's even ready for release.

Yeah, this has always confused me as well. Maybe they know that it'll never get finished, so they just start spreading the word in hopes that they'll get caught and therefore have something to bitch about?

I've heard at least one person state that they also hope that their game gets caught and that the IP owners will be so impressed that they'll get a seal of approval and even help things out in the end. lol

Then what's worse is when you get people complaining about said corporations strong arming the fan developers into a cease and desist order in order to protect their IP. There is some weird, warped, sense of friendship and familiarity for these people with a specific brand.

Well, we all know how entitled fans can be. Anyone who has spent X amount of money over Y number of years eventually feels like they own stock or something.

Which is what most brands want since it keeps people coming back to them, but creates a false sense of comfort in a fan space.

That's the funny thing, how certain companies are taping into, or flat out taking advantage of their fanbase. Take Super SF2 Turbo HD Remix; Capcom went to the OC Remix community and basically stated "you've been exploiting our content for years, so we can either shut you guys down or contribute music for us... you won't get paid, but we'll turn a blind eye to your activities, plus you're name will get on the credits, which can help you in your own person endeavors." Seems like a fair trade... Until Capcom began asking for changes; you know how each stage's song speeds up once the power bars get low? Instead of speeding up the songs, they had to be reassembled. Now, that's work that's being done on demand (most of the original remixes were just stuff lying around) and which is not being compensated. Kinda fucked up. Though when I asked people in that community what they think, and of being slightly ripped off, they just shrug their shoulders.

I've also heard of other examples of Capcom ripping off artists, but no other concrete examples come to mind.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2009, 05:39:39 PM »

I've heard at least one person state that they also hope that their game gets caught and that the IP owners will be so impressed that they'll get a seal of approval and even help things out in the end. lol
Yeah, I was gonna suggest the reason for putting that stuff up is probably delusions such as that. They think it'll be different because theirs is so much better than every other fan made project to come before theirs and their moms always told them that they are special.
Llydis

View Profile Email
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2009, 06:12:40 PM »

I think I'm just in the mentality where I'd rather have a portfolio of work that is my own creation than trying to use someone else's IP.

I'm a fan of quite a few games and series. But, I'm not going to obsess every waking moment of them that I just have to do something with that world. 

I've known people online who obsess over small canon inconsistencies and such, as well as anime boobies.
GcDiaz

View Profile Email
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2009, 02:08:15 AM »

In my Happy Dreamtime Fantasy World, I see SotC remade as a PS3 title. Redone with next-gen graphics and especially next-gen framerates. I think it would be absolutely glorious, worth the full price for sure.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2009, 02:33:28 AM »

I dunno... one of the best parts of the game for me is how it really pushes the hardware to do all sorts of crazy thing, more so than any other PS2 title before it.

To be honest, that's always been one of my favorite things about games, the stuff that comes at the end of a hardware's lifecycle, when the really good shit starts to pop up by select few that knows the platform, inside and out. Something which rarely happens anymore, or at the very least, isn't as impressive as... say... Virtua Racing for the Genesis.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 06:27:51 PM »

A guy playing doing all four things in Rock Band at once...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7N9_YtN-Uw
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
  Print  

Jump to: