Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Avatar Fans Are Officially More Insane Than Harry Potter Fans  (Read 8217 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:10:32 PM »

http://www.avatar-forums.com/general-avatar-forum/8999-official-oscars-thread-post-all-oscar-info-here-85.html

"Crap , I am so angry. I think that my depression is coming back. Oh lord please tell me why , why!? Long live Avatar!!"

"Avatar lost to the Hurt Locker. Go NOW. NOW. GO! Go to the theater! Bring up the revenue!

Fly now! FLY TO THE THEATER NOW!"

(re: kathryn bigelow)
"Wow, while it was half expected it still sucks. A cocaine-addicted drunken monkey could have directed that movie, and probably done a better job...

"She does NOT deserve it. Tell me why she desrves it... cause shes a woman, cause thats the only reson I think she won."

""Don't be too upset, time will heal. Though Stevemartin is a dick... that was mean."

"She really didn't deserve it though. She made a factually incorrect war movie, nothing more. Soldiers running through the streets of Baghdad's worst neighborhoods with no backup or checkpoints."

""I guess Cameron has to take it to the next level now. He probably didn't want to, but now he has no choice. He will make them see."

"Oh and I forgot to add... the comment Steve Martin made about Avatar now being in the past was SO UNCALLED FOR. What an A**HOLE!!!"

"The guys who made the oscar should get raped by a wild pack of donkeys.."

"This is the greatest movie ever made, with the greatest movie director and writer, and the greatest community gathering on the greatest forum... does the Hurt Locker have that? Nope don't think so. Did The Hurt Locker make people feel feelings like Avatar did? Nope. Avatar is the greatest movie ever, and the Oscars will not sway my view of the movie, in fact I must see it again!!!"

"I now see how blind the world really is. :-("

"I feel like sending Cameron another letter with our thoughts on the Academy in it, cuz idk about you but he seemed a little pissed. Maybe not because he didnt get the award but for the movie (not people, just movie) that got it."

"Agreed, I think we should write him a letter"

"I'm going to do the only thing that makes sense to me. Go look through the Neytiri pictures thread while listening to the soundtrack..."

"The academy is a group of actors, directors, producers and a small amount of others. Avatar is represents a huge threat to them. An actor recognizes the performance of another they see on the screen, not a CGI motion capture actor. They fear being replaced by a computer. That is just the way it is. The outcome was exactly what I expected. Doesn't mean I like it and I sure don't think it is the way it should have been."

"Mr. Cameron, the time has come for you to forge a split with the academy. It has just rendered itself obsolete last night. I'm sure you will have many fine actors and directors to follow you. I think the vision was way beyond the heads of those academy dullards. Avatar was an actor's movie. Some of the best performances I've ever seen came from Avatar. Go ahead and create a whole new type of award ceremony that rewards innovation and vision. To classify Avatar as just a good CGI movie is missing the point entirely. The best effects award is really a disrespectful slap in the face. What a crazy world we live in!"

"at least i think that the best actor/actress went to the good one ( from my point of view at least)"

"Actress didn't go to Zoƫ, so you don't love Neytiri.
But if you were saying the best of the nominees, then you're OK."

"look, the sad truth is that the govronment makes the descision behind theese movies, or else avatar would have won all the awards, and then it would be the shortest rewards show ever"

"Every actor made reference to Avatar in a snotty-like way, going down to the level of disrespecting a person as epic as Cameron as a big movie hot shot who thinks he deserved this amount of respect to the mentioning of the Na'vi language. I cried when Zoe was on that stage, and her voice made a silent echo in my ears, knowing that is the perfect woman the world has ever known, and I'm thankful she took it the way she did with not being nominated the best supporting actor/lead actor and all.. Putting my anger to the side, I've noticed the sponsors were people who were against the message of Avatar, could they of been responsible for the award shift?! The good thing is Avatar broke the record for being the most popular movie of all time with it's 3 billion dollar mark, and no corporation can smurr that fact. People will listen and see what the world is coming to through their unique perspective, and that is something truly remarkable. So remarkable, that money can't make it discredited (98% of the things in this world are linked to money one way or another, showing issues so powerful usually don't break through the thick ice of corporate credibility protection.)"

"By the way, how cruel was it for Cam's ex wife to steal his glory? She must have known he's been working on this for years and how it was his big moment, how nasty to come in a steal it away with a lazy sure fire crowd/acadamy pleasing "Pro usa war" film.

I might be wrong, it's not like I know her, but it looks like the worst case of spiteful ex I've ever seen. "

"Well , I guess I have to agree on that , old people shouldn't rate things ,at least not the kind who gives away prizes , seems like they live 20-30 years back in the past and are simply unable to see what this movie means to many people , that it simply is a gift for mankind ."

"That's so true."

"After a good nights sleep I am now able to think this (so called) loss through. I was (for a lack of better terms) pissed off that the academy is blind as too what is right front of them. But lets look at this as if it is 2012 looking back on last night. Let THL have its little golden statue. Avatar has a continually growing fan base rivaling that of Star Wars. A movie 30 years later is still making boat loads of money and is still more successful than the movies that it lost to that year. The Oscars? Who really cares. The only thing they managed to do it make the younger crowd in America (and the world) upset with them and as the older crowd phases out as the younger phases in, what do you think will happen to the ratings of the Oscars? We got 3 Oscars, not winning any of the one we truly wanted. When it is all said and done, what film will go down in history books of the film of 2009/2010. Just take it all in stride my friends.

Mawey Na'vi, Mawey

This means nothing. We will get over the travesty that happened last night and continue to give this film our support just like we have been doing since its release. In time it will get the respect it truly deserves! I just believe Avatar was far too ahead of its time for the liberal Academy to even begin see it for what it was. The greatest things in this world never gets the respect and acknowledgement it deserves during its release into it. We all know what happened last night. They simply are incapable of seeing what this movie really is and just how the Na'vi felt towards the RDA, we are all puzzled, confused, enraged, and at awe of what they are blind to see.

Avatar may no get what it deserves now but be patent. It will. Stay civil guys. This forum was great place to go to and share idea's. Don't let something as mediocre as the Oscars ruin this amazing place. Just support Avatar like you have always done. See the movie of few more times, buy the DVD/Blue-Ray, purchase action figures, memorabilia, and other things to show the "expert"s what is the true "best picture"

Chins up, frowns and scowls need to be a thing of yesterday. Avatar's future is WAY brighter than any other movie released in the last few years. That well know!"
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 12:27:57 AM »

the banners are priceless, i havent seen shit like this since advent children came out
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 01:34:36 AM »

This one is better...

dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2010, 06:59:27 PM »

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch/6249979/
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2010, 07:15:37 PM »

its funny how they say cameron took from either 9 to 15 years to make this,it always seems to vary.

whats even funnier is that im sure half of that supposed time was spent dicking around on the ocean floor making documentaries.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2010, 11:43:42 PM »

whats even funnier is that im sure half of that supposed time was spent dicking around on the ocean floor making documentaries.

I can think of worse ways to spend your days.
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2010, 12:17:48 AM »

I can think of worse ways to spend your days.

like working on avatar for 15 years?

fake edit: yeah i made its sound bad didnt i?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2010, 12:29:07 AM »

The only documentary I care about is the Avatar equivalent of We Are Wizard People. That's gonna be some epic shit right there.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: