Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Just Another dmauro Halo Thread  (Read 47426 times)
sonictail

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 04:39:39 AM »

What I really want to know is which segment will be the RvB one, a really humourous part would help immensely and help break the series up.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2009, 11:12:46 AM »

The Casio Entertainment segment looked the most promising because it was in 3D and not anime. If I were to see a Halo movie, I would want it to look like Halo 3 with higher poly models and better shaders and rendering. That anime stuff looks so lame to me and just does not jive with the Halo universe that is in my head.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2009, 03:08:43 PM »

BTW, District 9 comes out soon, which as some folks might recall, was supposed to be the Halo live action flick. Here's an interview with Peter Jackson that addresses a bit of why things turned out the way they did...

http://kotaku.com/5324697/jackson-explains-how-fate-killed-halo-and-gave-birth-to-district-9
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2009, 11:37:45 PM »

Oops!

http://majornelson.com/archive/2009/07/30/halo-wars-leaderboards.aspx
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2009, 03:04:19 PM »

It's old I think, some prank pulled on Harvard campus, but still pretty neat...

EDIT: here we go... http://www.boston.com/news/local/massachusetts/gallery/100308_mit_hacks?pg=2
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 12:31:02 AM by FortNinety » Logged
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2009, 07:11:25 PM »

A preemptive bump, with ODST coming out in a few days. I got a press copy a couple days ago, and unfortunately my issues with motion sickness has prevented me from really digging in, though I've yet to fiddle with the display settings. But thus far, I like it. I can't share many of the complaints from the reviews thus far, since I was never a diehard Halo 3 fan... hence why I'm especially curious for Dave's two cents.

In the meantime, here's a taste of the animu, which recently aired on Spite TV I guess...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0A6lojxvmy4

... Once again, the comments deserve a special look.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2009, 10:30:19 AM »

Well, what I've played so far is great. Firefight is the co-op experience we've wanted from the start, and the campaign seems to be different enough that it seems like they've kept it fresh without changing the stuff that works really well. So I'll let you know tomorrow, but I think I'm gonna like it.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2009, 11:42:40 PM »

So apparently, in addition to Persona PSP, Cabela's Big Game Hunter comes out tomorrow...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI-gqL4vjmg

And this isn't the only time this has happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An_-EqWYXVs
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 08:01:42 PM »

This new soundtrack is really nice. Without anything going on in the city, it doesn't feel like the Halo 2 New Mombassa teaser like I was kind of hoping. The city actually all feels very samey, which also helps make this feel even more like Halo 1. It actually so much like Halo 1 that I was having a really hard time using the right bumper to reload instead of the x button.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2009, 09:43:41 AM »

there's a decent chance i'll be getting this Thursday

it's so sad when i look at everyone on my friends list and they're all playing ODST

and then Dave tauntingly sends me invites to a game i don't own

Sad
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 12:26:25 PM »

The campaign is a little bit boring. Trudging around the same old city when every area looks like the last one you were in gets a little tiresome. I'm also still annoyed that ODSTs can flip vehicles back over. Sad
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2009, 12:46:48 PM »

lol "canon"

maybe, like, the vehicles have magnets or something?

so campaign is boring, but would you say that the game is worth it for the other features?  i feel so out of the multiplayer loop by not owning this game right this second.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 23, 2009, 01:02:00 PM »

Well I haven't got to play Firefight yet except for solo. Solo it was actually a lot of fun, but after playing at that press event, I know it's going to get really good with more players. Also the Halo 3 Mythic disc has all the DLC content, so it's great for that too. I kind of wish it didn't have a campaign and was $30 because $60 is definitely asking a lot for this.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2009, 01:06:40 PM »

that is not convincing me :\

but i'm sure i will get hours of multiplayer time out of this by purchasing sooner rather than later.  so...i guess it evens out?

but then again, maybe i'll like the campaign a bit more than you since i'm not quite as into the Halo mythos and all that.

some people have been saying that you play it somewhat differently than a regular Halo game.  in that, since you're not Master Chief, you need to try different strategies.  is this true or are people talking out their collective ass?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2009, 01:44:38 PM »

Speaking as someone who has always pointed out how retarded Halo's story is, this latest release is definitely fuel for that fire. It tries it's best, but I just wish everyone would just shut up. Though I don't think anything can top the cheesiness of part 3.

I also hope Bungie never reveals what Master Chief looks like (an irrational fear, I realize), since they clearly can't create a half-way decent looking person's face in this day and age. Everything else looks awesome though!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: