Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: The Animu Thread (dhex, no need to bother with this one)  (Read 117996 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2009, 12:06:23 PM »

Best AMV ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhNubQ2cdZo
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2009, 12:07:12 PM »

Also, the upcoming fall line-up for anyone that's interested...

isfet

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2009, 12:21:05 PM »

wow that all looks sort of terrible

but "Stitch! 2" is interesting to me

also, "A Certain Scientific Railgun" is an awesome title
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2009, 01:23:16 PM »

i thought they had season three of black lagoon coming this year too. perhaps next year?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 01:32:10 PM »

I also like the name White Album 2. And am also interested in Armed Librarian, since I like Read Or Die, as well as the next season of Queen's Blade, since I love shitty hentai.

Though the one I'm most seriously looking forward to is Trapeze. Interesting look and potentially neat concept, plus former Ghibli staffers can't hurt either.
pilot

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 02:19:55 PM »

all AMVs are the worst ever
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2009, 01:45:44 PM »

So last night, while drinking some of that fine Japanese gatorade, Isfet mention this very excellent example of cosplay that he found at the Compex...

sonictail

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2009, 06:59:48 AM »

i thought they had season three of black lagoon coming this year too. perhaps next year?

The Black Lagoon OVA is due out next year unfortunately.

In terms of that season, Certain Scientific Railgun should be pretty good, Fairy Tail for the stupid fun.  A friend of mine is interested in Kampfer but ever since I had light novels related to me as "japanese style stories about high school = doug" well... I tend to shy away.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2009, 10:00:23 AM »

Yeah, I'm still just as confused as I was before about how she could "actually look like Rei."
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2009, 03:06:16 PM »

Finally an EVA shirt that I wouldn't totally mind wearing...

FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2009, 01:47:27 AM »

I'm fairly certain that only ATOMU will appreciate/understand this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWqGmElGPTQ

... the show is shit, and so is the manga, but once again, the PSP brawler kicks lots of ass.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2009, 02:26:12 AM »

My pal Hilary passed this along, and for anyone else that's interested... the first five minutes of Summer Wars:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwqMNjRlqfA
ATOMU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2009, 09:58:59 PM »

Isn't every anime based on Three Kingdoms, though?

I'm in a lot of pain waiting for Trapeze, it looks exactly my kind of thing. There isn't even a trailer up anywhere, shit! Come on guys, you may be the season's token weird show but even Kaiba got dignified with a trailer.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: August 17, 2009, 04:01:28 PM »

Just started watching Zeta Gundam with Hilary (who should really register for this place already, but she's just too damn busy) the other night... it's pretty epic. Note: I'm a real novice when it comes to Gundam, only since bits and pieces here and there, so any other recommendations, from perhaps ATOMU or Fitz, would be appreciated.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2009, 04:09:03 PM by FortNinety » Logged
ATOMU

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: August 17, 2009, 05:59:28 PM »

Ahhh Zeta! I'm not even through all of it yet and it's already my favorite anime ever.

TBH Matt, I'd actually suggest putting Zeta down and starting on the original Mobile Suit Gundam (0079) instead. Zeta is great but there's a lot of scenes that'll lose considerable impact unless you've seen 0079 beforehand, and a really decent portion of Zeta's cast originates in 0079 anyway. 0079 is really, really entertaining and a good portion of why Zeta is so fucking awesome is because of it.

The OVAs also help bridge the gap between 0079 and Zeta, most of which I haven't...actually seen because I was too impatient to start Zeta. War in the Pocket however is fantastic and definitely worth the 3 hours of your life it'll take up, and Stardust Memory and 08th MS team also come highly recommended from basically everyone I know who's seen them.

As for the other Gundams...I don't think I need to tell you not to touch Wing or Seed. Just don't. G Gundam, however, is entertaining as a seperate entity from Gundam itself. 00 is also a different experience and I'm very early into it but it's definitely up there as one of the best, awful and horrifying female fanbase notwithstanding.

tl;dr PUT ZETA DOWN MATT WHAT ARE YOU DOING
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: