Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: achewood thread 2.0  (Read 6104 times)
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« on: September 14, 2009, 02:42:54 PM »

cartilage head is a manipulative jerk! ha!
dark steve

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:42:05 PM »

I already love achewood as much as the next dude, but whoa, I don't think I realized before last week that the strip is still getting better.  His funny bits just went all Bunuel on his creepy bits (which themselves have surrealist elements). I mean, he's almost ten years into this thing, and his characters aren't tapped out yet.  If anything, the more he writes them, the richer and more compelling they're becoming.

Also, as the character who's been dead the most times, I got totally worried for a second when Roast Beef skipped out on the wheel of karma.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 08:58:00 PM »

absolutely. "wounded by god" is a pretty good description of his life. hell, the whole thing is.

i think the professional sensitives should abandon meyers-briggs and use this chart instead.

i have no real good yardstick but as far as the general category of "fiction" goes, achewood is a deeply satisfying collection of snapshots.

i too was worried. is torn between being a stand-up guy and a simpering whelp who's so afraid of witnessing more pain that his default position is obsessesing over whether he'd rather be dead or alive.
dark steve

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 10:51:13 PM »

dongle

!!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 04:49:39 PM »

holy shit
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2009, 09:31:07 AM »

i know, right?