Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: monoatomic madness!  (Read 12860 times)
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2009, 08:10:39 AM »

thanks for making me google duncan laurie, fitz.

He's one of the cadre of New England art-crazies associated with Paul Laffoley. I like Paul because the world needs more people who feel like mad scientists from the 1950s but Duncan has that mild inbreed Kennedy edge that makes you feel like there's a family somewhere shaking their head.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2009, 11:29:42 AM »

see i'd say the dividing line is that laffoley was (is he dead?) tremendously talented, if wacky as all get out, and his prints are amazing even if they're the theological equivalent of eating doritos for dinner.

but socks? they don't even look good. i'd wear laffoley socks (on the weekends, or at least once).
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2009, 03:57:01 PM »

Paul's still alive.  Well, as much as he's ever been. He's keeping a blog up at http://paullaffoley.net/

The whole Radionics field, save as metaphor/art. is eye-stabbing.  The only guy who was really up on it I ever found mildly fun was Charles "Uncle Chucky" Cosimano.  He was screwing around with the Z-Cluster around the same time I was and it always felt like he had on a Bubbleboy suit that ran whip-its rather than atmosphere but he took himself about that serious.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: