Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Shows in the Year of Our Fnord, 2010 (And Looking Forward To 2011 As Well)  (Read 55788 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #30 on: October 21, 2009, 10:03:13 AM »

Sorry, but I'm seriously tempted to see Green Jelly. Just so I can tell my kids.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 21, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

oh holy shit

so Black Dice just got added to the bill of the Oct 30th Lightning Bolt show.

Come oooooonnnn. Y'all gotta come now
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2009, 09:34:40 AM »

Saw Boom Boom Satellites last night. Took Joe with me, figuring that he'd have a grand old time. Unfortunately, the two opening acts were by far the worst in the history of music and audio in general. The first band was just generic pop punk bullshit, which paled in comparison to the offensiveness to the piece of shit Staten Island guido that stunk up the stage afterwards, who simply lazily rapped over Garageband loops. Cuz nothing screams musician more than some asshole whose face is perpetually buried in an iBook.

Dude was so bad that Joe had to bail, and I can't blame him. Thankfully Boom Boom made the wait worthwhile, because they were pretty awesome. They played a decent mix of old and new (most folks can't stand the new stuff, and I can't blame them, but I don't passionately hate it either). It also finally dawned on me that I kinda have a thing for tiny, demure Japanese girls who can fucking drum like the devil. I know have to go back and figure out if all those songs which I thought featured drum machines was just this woman.
dark steve

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2009, 10:05:56 AM »

it dawned on you that there's blood in your veins?
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2009, 10:34:27 AM »

Oh shit, Fort90 crushing on asian girls uitb.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2009, 01:04:15 PM »

update:  the Fuck Buttons show@ Market Hotel on Friday is apparently still going on.  this makes me happy because 1) they're awesome 2) i missed their last show in NYC.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2009, 12:26:13 PM »

Fuck Buttons tore shit up.  in a way i'm happy i missed the Bowery show and went to this one.

so not really a show so much as a party, but apparently every Saturday for the next few weeks, some guy called "Mr. Saturday Night" is hosting parties at Market Hotel.  and, apparently, open beer bar between 10-11pm?  this sounds like something that might be fun.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2009, 09:40:45 AM »

"help Michael Yaniro of Twin Stumps recover from attack - benefit show Friday (Pink Reason, Sightings, more)"

As you all may or may not know, a dear friend of mine named Michael Yaniro was a victim of violent robbery in the Ridgewood area of Queens (NYC). He was savagely beaten beyond recognition, and now he's got a long road ahead of him with many surgeries. To add insult to his injuries, he has no medical insurance!

A brief description of his injuries: His right eye socket needs surgery as there is a bone protruding into it... so it needs to be repaired to restore his ability to move the eye. (He has had this surgery, and will need more work in the future). He has a fractured jaw and nose which will require surgery to repair, as well as multiple broken bones in his face. Pieces of titanium metal is to be inserted in his face to support the bones.

His girlfriend Abby is trying to get him Emergency Medicaid, but that is really tough to get approved, and its doubtful whether or not it will be rewarded. That is why this fundraiser was started. Its not registered as non-profit organization (so if you're looking for a tax break, this is not the time and place for it), but as a way to possibly raise a little money to help him through his crisis.

that really sucks.  and to be honest, i haven't heard stuff like this in Ridgewood very often, so i'm really curious to know the details of the assault.

anyway, i plan to go to this for a number of reasons, but one of them has to do with the bands:

"The latest show is scheduled for Dec 4th (Friday) at Death By Audio, where Pink Reason, Sightings, York Factory Complaint (featuring Genesis P-orridge), and White Suns are all on the bill. "

anyone else wanna hear some tunes tonight?

videos of bands here:  http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2009/12/help_michael_ya.html
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2010, 09:31:05 AM »

so, as he indicated a few months ago, Swans are indeed getting back together for an album and some shows.

http://www.brooklynvegan.com/archives/2010/01/michael_gira_re.html

hopefully more info will be available soon
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2010, 11:08:56 AM »

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

is swans minus jarboe swans? (maybe?)
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2010, 12:56:48 PM »

hard to say, really.

regardless of what we call it, though, Gira does really great live shows, so i'll see whatever the heck he does.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2010, 04:24:33 PM »

She wasn't there the whole time, but yeah, it is kind of a question.

I wonder if she'll do any contributions to the final album.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 13, 2010, 08:44:03 PM »

Planning on trying to hit the 9:00 PM session if anyone is interested.

http://www.emfproductions.org/upcomingevents0910/pavilion.html
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #43 on: January 13, 2010, 11:48:36 PM »

i might be able to hit that shit yo. i'll give you a ringading friday.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2010, 03:53:08 PM »

So Killing Joke is playing again, at Irving Plaza, this May! Anyone else game this time?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: