Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Shows in the Year of Our Fnord, 2010 (And Looking Forward To 2011 As Well)  (Read 55602 times)
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2009, 09:32:43 AM »

yea, i saw Health a few months back at a DIY venue not too far from where i live.  there live show is definitely a bit more intense and industrial-sounding.

and i assume the hipster-y crowd probably stemmed from their Pitchfork and Crystal Castles connections.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2009, 10:33:30 AM »

crystal castles are just dreadful.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2009, 10:56:54 AM »

oh pish posh.

but yea, they rank pretty low on my "level of interest" list these days after that ridiculous ordeal that Matt and i went through when we tried to see them a while back.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2009, 11:14:01 AM »

pish posh nothing they're terrible.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 02:23:54 PM »

This should be awful...

http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=100000228126773&share_id=170897940469&comments=1

PROCESS MEDIA, FERAL HOUSE, AND S@1 present

OCCULT USA: THE PROCESS CHURCH OF THE FINAL JUDGMENT
RITUAL AND SALON
at Anthology Film Archives, New York City

*ONE NIGHT ONLY*
Featuring Genesis Breyer P-Orridge as the "Sacrifist," Timothy Wyllie, Adam Parfrey, and The Sabbath Assembly band performing original Process Church songs

Was The Process Church truly "one of the most dangerous Satanic cults in America"? Or were they an intensely creative apocalyptic shadow side to the flower-powered '60s and New Age '70s? Scores of black-cloaked devotees swept the streets of New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, and other cities selling magazines with titles like Sex, Fear, Love and Death, and a controversial theology proposing a reconciliation of Christ and Satan through awareness and love. Marianne Faithfull, George Clinton and Mick Jagger participated in Process publications, and Funkadelic reproduced Process material in two of their albums.

The inside story of this legendary group has at last emerged with Feral House's LOVE SEX FEAR DEATH by Timothy Wyllie and other former members.

TONIGHT, to celebrate the recent release of LOVE SEX FEAR DEATH, Feral House, Process Media, and Sound@One present a simulation of an actual Process Church “Sabbath Assembly” ritual, featuring Genesis Breyer P-Orridge as the "Sacrifist." Author Wyllie (Father Micah) will follow to discuss the cult and his time within it in a multimedia presentation.

THE SABBATH ASSEMBLY BAND, comprised of Robert A. Lowe (Lichens), Kyle Forrester (Crystal Stilts), Jex Thoth (I Hate Records), Laura Leontine, Sophie Gonthier (Anything Maria), and David Christian (of No-Neck Blues Band), will perform Process hymns and songs throughout. Join us!

$12

http://www.anthologyfilmarchives.org/

*ONE NIGHT ONLY!*
LIMITED SEATING

More info here:
http://tinyurl.com/ye7ua4u
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2009, 12:21:37 PM »

so Fitz, did you go to that?  i considered it, but...wasn't sure if anyone else was gonna go?

so, some more show updates!

according to Market Hotel's website as well as Todd P's, it appears that Fuck Buttons is no longer playing there late in November.  it now simply says "TBA."  this either means that...maybe that want to hide it?  or, i assume, the show is canceled.

either way, Fuck Buttons are playing November 2nd (very soon!) at the Bowery Ballroom.  tix are $15, which is pretty reasonable for what will probably be a very good show.  wanna hit this up Mike?  i know it's almost THAT TIME, but i assume this show would be more doable than the one that was to happen later in the month.

new Todd P show that we need to go to:

Friday October 30th @ ABOVE THE AUTO PARTS STORE

:: LIGHTNING BOLT
:::: TV Ghost

| ABOVE THE AUTO PARTS STORE |
600 Bushwick Ave @ Jefferson St | Bushwick, Brooklyn
JMZ-Myrtle/Broadway, L-Jefferson | 8pm | $tba | all ages

Dave is off the hook this time since he went, but seriously, if you haven't seen Lightning Bolt (or haven't in a while) i'm requiring you to come to this show.

lastly:  Melt Banana is playing Bowery Ballroom on November 23rd.  tix are $15.  not really familiar with these guys, but i assume i should be and also assume i'd like them.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2009, 12:33:33 PM »

i'd go to see fb again, but i can't risk it.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2009, 12:37:33 PM »

yea, thinking about it after i posted, i figured it's probably way too close at this point.  well, anyway, i'll let you know how the new stuff sounds.  kind of disappointed that the Market Hotel show is probably a no go, though, as i really think that's probably my favorite venue overall.
dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2009, 01:46:05 PM »

(Re: Health) and i assume the hipster-y crowd probably stemmed from their Pitchfork and Crystal Castles connections.

Crowd was very hipster-y. Far more than I've ever seen at any other show.

Besides you guys, I've only heard young NYU hipsters talking about Health while dissing Crystal Castles. I think that might be a big part of their fanbase :?
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2009, 01:48:15 PM »

Maybe this isn't the right place to mention this, but Toups is in town this week with his band, for CMJ. He wants me to check him out, at least, and I'm assuming the invite is extended to the rest of us.

Haven't followed up with the guy just yet... to be honest, this week is kinda bad for me, but you never know. He's a nice enough guy, SB aside.
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2009, 01:52:26 PM »

toups' band is good stuff, if you like southern rock with a dash of woo ha. like comets on fire but not shitty.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #26 on: October 19, 2009, 02:23:40 PM »

So, are you going Mike?
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2009, 04:16:13 PM »

nope! i'm not going anywhere this close to d-day.
isfet

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2009, 09:22:40 AM »

a new challenger appears!

so November 2, at Santos Party House, Green Jelly (aka Green Jello [yea, really, those guys]) will be playing a reunion show.

now, for the record, i'm not super into them, but the novelty of such a show definitely intrigues me.  unfortunately it's the same night as Fuck Buttons. 
dhex

View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #29 on: October 21, 2009, 09:59:40 AM »

i would pick fuck buttons over those guys by a mile.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5
  Print  

Jump to: