Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  
Author Topic: Once Again, Let's All Bitch About The Subways  (Read 56607 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2010, 11:57:27 PM »

Ft. Hamilton? Fuck....

And what Dave says. Last week I had about dozen or so incidents and interactions with various MTA employees, all of which is a blur and isn't perhaps anything that no one hasn't heard already (though one can be found in my latest blog post, for those who gotta know), and they all came to the same conclusion, which to be honest, is something most have figured out a very long time ago.

I know the local news is shit, but there's apparently some recently released study that goes down the list of the highest paying jobs in the MTA (outside of the boardroom I gather). Near the top of the list is a train conductor for the LIRR, whose base pay is like a hundred grand, before bonuses and shit, which tops at close to $250,000. The cherry on the shit sundae was how the story immediately followed yet another "they city if gonna fire even more teachers this fall" story.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2010, 10:15:28 PM »

So due to a court ruling and pressure from the workers union, the MTA must rehire operators/reopen token booths that had been shut down! Too bad those folks don't do jack shit in the first place.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2010, 12:37:16 PM »

You know what I love? Being stuck on a platform for 10 minutes and realizing there's an announcement, but coming elsewhere on the train. So you set onto the platform, to hopefully get a better listen, and in like 0.3 seconds, the door closes immediately behind you and speeds off. LOVE IT.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #63 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:47 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5gCeWEGiQI

Have I ever mentioned one of my secret fantasies? That being to be somewhere in which folks are trying to do some wacky improv sketch thing in the public, like above, and to do something that tests their ability to actually improv or to simply flat out ruin the scene?

But seriously, the above isn't even remotely close to being funny.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 15, 2010, 11:44:49 AM »

I tend to mark the success or failure of bits like that more on the response of the people there for it than for the after-event video.  Still this was clearly being done for distribution so that alone doesn't count.

dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 15, 2010, 01:23:27 PM »

That Darth Vader sucked.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #66 on: July 15, 2010, 05:10:32 PM »

Quote from: Fitz
I tend to mark the success or failure of bits like that more on the response of the people there for it than for the after-event video.

I would love to see them do that same stunt on a train that's not filled with dainty white yuppies/tourists. More like around Harlem, around folks who couldn't give a shit about Star Wars.
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 15, 2010, 10:06:10 PM »

You underestimate the Nerds in the Hood factor my good man. The biggest Star Wars nerd I've known come from places like Harlem. Biggest comic and anime nuts too come to think of it. They just don't look like the folks you likely interact with on such topics.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #68 on: July 16, 2010, 03:59:04 AM »

Oh, trust me, I'm well aware of the nerdy quotient in those parts. Remember, I used to work for Nick Mag, and a good deal of our sales came from folks living on 125th Street alone, at least those that enjoy Naruto!

I kid of course, but my original points stand; you're not going to find an area in which sticking out and acting like a goofball will get you called and ridiculed more so than Harlem. They certainly have no issues yelling amongst themselves, that's for sure.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #69 on: July 16, 2010, 07:20:16 PM »

In other news...

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]
  Print  

Jump to: