Home Help Search Members Register
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Time For Another Tattoo Thread  (Read 20206 times)
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2010, 07:29:05 PM »

I'm certain everyone's seen the final thing, but this is the first time I've seen all the steps leading up to it...

http://acidcow.com/pics/6673-a-guy-gets-his-face-tattoed-38-pics.html

... That guy must live in the most boring city ever, or something like that.
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 03:30:28 AM »

You know, they're not just for people...

http://www.ultima-i.com/post/1263/dollfie-tattoo-1/

... btw, you don't even want to know why they're called "dollfies".
Fitz

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 04:49:42 PM »

. btw, you don't even want to know why they're called "dollfies".

Do tell...
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2010, 04:17:57 AM »

First off, I should have used the whole term, which is "dollfie dream".

The world dollfie is actually a brand of dolls in Japan, which took the world of toys and collectibles by storm upon their introduction a little over ten years ago. They are somewhat tangentially related to the current designer/vinyl toys boom, since they're by design highly customizable.

Due to the internet, primarily the Danny Choo web ring, when folks talk about getting a dollfie, it's known as fulfilling a "dofflie dream". Largely because they represent one of the more extravagant/hardcore component of Japanese collectibles among otakus (up there with master grade Gundams, the ones that are abot 10,000 pieces, pre-assembled, and cost around $500, but hey, at least those are robots). Once this dream has been fullfilled, so to speak, they refer to the doll as their "daughter". Actually, once acquired, I've noticed that women generally stick with the dollfie dream term, whereas its males that like thrown the d word around. Making it all the more creepy.

If you go to places like Figure.fm, which is a pretty big community dedicated to such stuff, you'll find tons and tons of blog posts of folks taking pictures of their dolls. And hey, I like to take pictures of crap I have and put them on my site too, mostly because many have no idea that such and such exists, whereas everyone there is sharing images of goods that most everyone else also owns, plus they spend a LOT of time composing situations and LOTS of money on professional grade camera equipment, again, just to take snapshots of their dolls and action figures at the beach.

I guess all this is more suited for the soul cancer thread, I realize...
The Drunken Samurai

TDS21o3
View Profile Email
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2010, 11:04:36 AM »

sound like chuplayer as of late...
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2010, 04:42:45 AM »

Not to resurrect an old topic, but this just came up, and I didn't feel like starting a new topic just for it (dollfie related)...

http://www.figure.fm/post/en/10213/Tenshi+no+Sato+visit.html
FortNinety
Administrator

FortNinety
View Profile WWW Email
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2010, 01:40:32 PM »

Back on topic...

dmauro

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2010, 01:51:47 PM »

But why?
Pages: 1 [2]